This program is for teacher trainees, certified teachers and experienced practitioners who want to take their practice to the next level.
It's for motivated and dedicated practitioners who want to work with like-minded people to develop their practice and teaching skills with assessment in mind.
It is for teachers who want to be inspired, motivated and challenged, and want to work with a peer group of practitioners.
I know it takes a lot of drive and discipline to keep your practice at a high level which is required if you want to go for an assessment.
The group aims to keep the words fun and playful at its core. As a group, we keep motivated and sharing knowledge and different ways to approach practice is multiplied when doing it with others.
In this group, we support each other, give each other input and thrive in our learning, our practice and our ultimately our teaching.
With the Peer Practice Program, you will get
- An instant global community of engaged practitioners
- Input & support from your peers, (students with so much experience)
- The motivation for your practice so it is constantly developing
- Regular contact with like-minded practitioners on the same path
- Inspiring discussions around the challenges of teaching, practicing & preparing for assessment
- Led practices to challenge your practice
- Teaching sessions where you can breakdown and start to work with more challenging poses
- Opportunities to 'workshop' poses
- Resource Kits with step by step instructions to get you organised in your learning.
- Fast track videos on teaching a pose in different ways.
- LIVE Asana or Pranayama Led Practices
- LIVE Teaching Sessions
- LIVE Discussions
- LIVE Workshops Sessions to breakdown poses
“It's a great way to start preparing for the assessment! One connects with asanas that are not commonly practiced and at the same time starts building more stamina to the practice and it's nice to get in touch with peers from all around the world that are on the same path. There's constant feedback between each other”
“I’m enjoying the peer practice program as a tool to grow within my practice and with my teaching. Getting to watch the replays if not able to attend the live sessions have been hugely beneficial. I’m starting to get more organised and I like how Kate breaks the assessment practice up so your not just doing the full sequence every time which I found very difficult when practicing the intro 2 syllabus. Practicing J1 has been more interesting and fun. Thanks, Kate, for creating this community within the Iyengar system as we all know how hard it is as well as rewarding. ”
“How amazing to connect with a group of people from all over the world, there's something especially great about seeing everyone's floors /living rooms & corridors for practicing in! Knowing there is a community I can practice with, and hold myself accountable with, has been incredibly important for me. ”
Hi, I'm Kate and as well as being a yoga teacher, I'm also a mum, wife, entrepreneur, and foodie.
I teach 8 classes a week at Darwin Yoga Space, which is owned and run by my Senior Teacher Carole Baillargeon.
I've been lucky to have a senior teacher who has been right there for me for 17 years and through all of my assessment preparations.
But we are not all so lucky.
So I want to share with you some of the incredible organising & planning tools I have used to prepare for assessment.
As well as offer a space for trainees and teachers to have a rich, collaborative learning environment to hone their practice and teaching.
I love building community and working with others and sharing this incredible art form.
Yep, you tell me what you want and I'll schedule it in!
Practicing every single day on our own can be lonely and challenging.
- Lack motivation to practice?
- Do you want to practice more challenging poses?
- Want to explore and understand poses in the company of others with the same questions?
- Need students who can do the challenging poses you have to teach?
- Want feedback on your practice and teaching?
- Want to share your experience, ask questions and bond?
How good would it be to have peers to share your passion with, ask questions of and get feedback from... weekly?
Make your assessment study fun, enriched and inspired by doing it with buddies who are working on the same syllabus as yourself.
And of course, you will have me, Kate Roseth. I'm a certified Junior Intermediate 1 teacher and I would love to share my knowledge, passion, and experience with you.
And I'm currently preparing for my next assessment too. So I'll be right there with you.
LIVE Led Practices ranging from 60-120 minutes long
LIVE Teaching Sessions, to practice teaching
LIVE Discussions about approach to practice, teaching and assessment
Fast Track - Short video excerpts of each asana being taught and feedback
Resources to help you plan and organise your practice and study
Workshop Sessions to break down poses
Private Facebook group for ongoing discussion and support
Support, Community, friendship and networks
A safe and private online platform to learn, share, inspire and grow
- Welcome Video
- Introductory Video - How the program works
- Technical Guidelines & Tips for LIVE Sessions
- FEBRUARY 2020 SCHEDULE
- SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION HERE
- Essential qualities of a yoga teacher
- Teachers Code of Practice
- Key Reference Texts
- KIT #1 - Approach to Practicing the Syllabus
- KIT #2 - Nailing the Teaching
- KIT #3 - Sequencing & Categories of Asana
- KIT #4 - Mindset & Staying Focused
- KiIT #5 - Red/Orange/Green Columns
- KiIT #6 - Practice Cards
- KIT #7 - Linking Asana
- KIT #8 - Creating a Challenging Sequence OUTSIDE your Assessment Syllabus
- KIT #9 - Pranayama Table & Audio Recordings
- KIT #10 - Light on Yoga Plates Intro 1& 2
- KIT #11 - 592 Light on Yoga Plates
- Introductory Syllabus 1
- Introductory Syllabus 2
- Junior Intermediate 1 Syllabus
- Junior Intermediate 2 Syllabus
- All Syllabus - Google Sheet
- Adho Mukha Vrksasana - 24 October 2019
- Ardha Matsyendrasana - 22 March 2019
- Ardha Matsyendrasana - 28 October 2019
- Ardha Matsyendrasana - 16 January 2020
- Ardha Matsyendrasana -7 February 2020
- Arkana Dhanurasana - 9 September 2019
- Bharavajasana 1 (Intro) - 23 May 2019
- Bharadvajasana I - 24 October 2019
- Bhekasana - 22 March 2019
- Bhujangasana 1 - 18 April 2019
- Chatarunga Dandasana - 18 April 2019
- Chatarunga Dandasana - 11 February 2020
- Dhanurasana - 9 May 2019
- Dwi Hasta Bhujasana - 9 September 2019
- Dwi Pada Viparita Dandasana - 15 November 2019
- Eka hasta bhujangasana - 9 May 2019
- Eka hasta bhujangasana (JI1) - 23 May 2019
- Garudasana (Intro) - 23 May 2019
- Gomukasana - 19 April 2019
- Gomukhasana - 7 November 2019
- Janu sirsasana - 9 May 2019
- Jathara Parivartanasana - 1 November 2019
- Jathara Parivartanasana - 22 March 2019
- Kumasana - 21 January 2020
- Lolasana - 19 April 2019
- Maha Mudra - 24 October 2019
- Malasana - 9 May 2019
- Marichyasana 1 (intro) - 23 May 2019
- Marichyasana 3 - 28 October 2019
- Marichyasana 3 (intro) - 23 May 2019
- Paripuna Nirvasana - 23 August 2019
- Paripuna Nirvasana - 18 April 2019
- Parivrtta Ardha Chandrasana - 21 March 2019
- Parivrtta Ardha Chandrasana - 23 August 2019
- Parivrtta Parsvakonasana - 24 October 2019
- Parivrtta Tikonasana - 22 March 2019
- Parsva Dhanurasana - 7 November 2019
- Parsva Halasana - 1 November 2019
- Parsvotanasana - 18 April 2019
- Parsvottanasana - 9 September 2019
- Paryankasana 18 April 2019
- Paryankasana - 7 November 2019
- Prasarita Padottanasana II - 24 October 2019
- Paschimottanasana - 19 April 2019
- Purvottanasana - 1 November 2019
- Purvottanasana - 7 February 2020
- Parivrtta Parsvakonasana - 16 January 2020
- Parsva Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana - 11 February 2020
- Salabasaba & Makarasana - 1 November 2019
- Supta Padangusthasana I & II - 24 October 2019
- Ubhaya Padangusthasana - 1 November 2019
- Urdhva Dhanurasana - 7 November 2019
- Urdhva Prasarita Padasana - 7 November 2019
- Uttanasana - 21 March 2019
- Sarvangasana & Variations - 16 January 2020
- Sirsasana & Variations - 16 January 2020
- Ubhaya padangusthasana - 11 February 2020
- Urdhva Dhanurasana - 11 February 2020
- Virabhadrasana III - 21 March 2019
- Virabhadrasana III - 15 November 2019
- Virasana - 24 October 2019
- Vrksasana - 21 March 2019
- 14 March 2019 - Intro Led Practice
- 14 March 2019 - JI1 Led Practice
- March 28 2019 Led Practice - All Levels
- 4 April 2019 - JI1 Led Practice
- 11 April 2019 - Intro Led Practice
- 3 May 2019 - All Levels Practice
- 17 May 2019 - Led Practice - Tiffany
- 14 June 2019 - Junior Intermediate 2 Led Practice
- 5 July 2019 Led Practice - All Levels
- 19 July 2019 Led Practice with German Berno
- 2 August 2019 - Lead Practice (Gomukassana)
- 30 August 2019 - Led Practice by Member Dale Shields
- 5 September 2019 - Backbend Practice
- 10 October 2019 - Armbalance Practice
- 21 November 2019 - Junior 2 Syllabus Inspired Practice
- 31 January 2020 - Twists and Backbends
- 21 March 2019 - Intro Teaching & Feedback
- 22 March 2019 - JI1 Teaching & Feedback
- 18 April 2019 - Teaching & Feedback
- 19 April 2019 - Teaching & Feedback
- 9 May 2019 - Teaching & Feedback
- 23 May 2019 - Teaching & Feedback
- 7 June 2019 - Teaching + Feedback
- 28 June 2019 - Teaching & Feedback
- 8 July 2019 - Teaching & Feedback
- 26 July 2019 - Teaching & Feedback
- 9 August 2019 - Teaching + Feedback
- 23 August 2019 - Teaching & Feedback
- 9 September 2019 - Teaching & Feedback
- 14 October 2019 - Teaching & Feedback
- 24 October 2019 - Teaching & Feedback
- 1 November 2019 - Teaching & Feedback
- 7 November 2019 - Teaching & Feedback
- 16 January 2020 - Teaching & Feedback
- Approach to Assessment Sequence Discussion - 28 March 2019
- Nailing the Teaching Discussion - 4 April 2019
- Sequencing & Asana Category Discussion - 16 May 2019
- Mindset and Goal Setting Discussion - 21 June 2019
- Modifications & Adjustments Discussion - 16 August 2019
- Linking Asana Discussion - 19 September 2019
- Practicing & Teaching in the Iyengar Method - 6 January 2020
- 23 September 2019 Workshop - Padmasana & Garudasana Workshop
- 28 October 2019 Workshop - Ardha Matsyendrasana & Marichyasana 3
- 15 November 2019 Workshop - Virabhadrasana 3 & Dwi Pada Viparita Dandasana
- 21 January 2020 Workshop - Kumasana
- 12 September 2019 - Introductory 1 & 2 Mock Assessment
- INTRODUCTORY 1 & 2 CALLED PRANAYAMA
- JUNIOR INTERMEDIATE 1 CALLED PRANAYAMA
- 7 February 2020 Workshop - Purvottanasana & Ardha Matsyendrasana
- 11 February 2020 - Teaching & Feedback
- New Assessment Model Discussion 1
- New Assessment Model Discussion 2
If I cancel my monthly subscription can I continue to access the videos and material?
You will be able to access the material up until the day your monthly subscription is due to renew. Once your renew date has passed you will not be able to access any of the program material.
Can I enrol anytime?
Yes, you can enroll anytime and join the live sessions immediately. You also get immediate access to all the replays of previous months in the program portal.
Can I use the hours in this program towards my teacher training hours?
No, this is not a teacher training program and I am not a certified teacher trainer. This is a peer group program facilitated by Kate Roseth who has successfully passed through the levels of assessment you are currently preparing for.
Will I be able to ask questions and get individual support?
Yes. This is a small group program so that everyone enrolled can be heard and seen. There will be plenty of opportunity in the live discussion and mock teaching sessions to ask questions and get feedback.
What time are the live sessions?
Currently the live session times alternate each week between 6am on Thursday and Friday and 9am on Tuesday ACST. Every few months we vote for a new live session time so everyone gets a chance to join the live sessions.
Is it worth it is I can't join the live sessions?
Absolutely. If you can't join live sessions you can watch the replay. Many members can't join live sessions because of the time difference but find the replays very beneficial. You can also submit questions ahead of the live session to get your questions answered.
Can I cancel after the first month?
Yes! You cancel anytime, there is NO minimum time commitment.
How long before going for assessment should I join the program?
This program is a slow burner. Members often join at least 9 months before going for assessment. This program is not a last minute quick fix, we are all in it for the long haul and members even stay after assessment because the learning and community is so rich.
Are there any conditions for the 14 Day Money Back Guarantee?
If you decide within the first 14 days of enrolling that you are not getting value for money, simply email me and request a refund. No questions asked I will give 100% refund.
This is not a teacher training program and the hours accrued in this program cannot be counted for teacher training hours. I am NOT a certified teacher trainer.
I am a certified Junior Intermediate 1 teacher with heaps of drive, passion, teaching experience and love to share and support others in their yoga practice.
This program is a peer program and relies on committed and engaged practitioners to share their experiences with the group.
In an ideal world, we would be practicing with our peers at the studio, but many of us are isolated or alone in our studies, so this is where the PPP fills that gap.
We practice, study, learn, discuss and share together to create community and support each other.